Protecting your corporate data and digital assets against theft and misappropriation is essential in the modern business world. Data breaches and intellectual property theft can damage your company’s reputation and can cost you time and money. Preventing these incidents can provide you with greater peace of mind and can ensure the best outcomes for your business operations. Here are some professional tips for protecting your company against data breaches and other digital malfeasance.
Make Data Security a Priority for Your Company
Preventing IP theft requires constant vigilance and careful effort on your part. Working with a company that specializes in cyber security measures and investigations can help you identify the most critical data and proprietary information. You can then institute restricted access to these resources to reduce the risk of Houston insider data theft and other threats from inside and outside your organization.
Create Tiers of Security
Making sure that access to sensitive information is restricted only to those with a compelling business need to know can help your company limit its exposure to IP theft issues. Limiting access to your corporate intellectual property can also provide added layers of protection against those outside your organization. By establishing concentric circles of security around your valuable information, you can create the highest level of protection for proprietary data.
Educate Your Employees
Your trusted staff members constitute your first line of defense against data breaches and the theft of intellectual property. By ensuring that they have the advanced training needed to spot problem emails and other attempts to gain access to your corporate data, you can provide your employees with the skills they need to support your security efforts.
Institute an Exit Strategy
Disgruntled employees can present serious risks to your intellectual property and corporate data. By establishing a procedure for exiting employees to protect your proprietary information, your company can reduce the risk of loss and misuse of your data and intellectual property by those leaving your organization by choice or because of involuntary termination.
Call in the Professionals
Working with a company that specializes in cyber security and preventing intellectual property theft can be a good first step toward creating a secure perimeter that shields your data from unauthorized intrusion. This can help your company stay secure even in today’s risk-filled online environment.
At LCG Discovery Experts, we offer comprehensive cyber security investigations and services designed to ensure the safety of your intellectual property now and in the future. We work with you at every step of the process to ensure that you receive the most effective solutions for your online security needs. Call us today at 855-524-9778 to schedule a consultation with our experts. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.
Litigation support is essential to the success of cyber security investigations. Understanding these activities can help your company to make the most practical choices when dealing with threats to your corporate data or your everyday operations. Here are some of the most important facts about cyber litigation support and its role in the modern digital forensics industry.
What Is Cyber Litigation Support?
As its name suggests, litigation support is intended to provide evidence and testimony in court cases. Digital forensic experts can collect actionable information and compile it to make the most positive impact in court. Litigation support includes the following activities:
- Determining the most effective ways to pinpoint the likely culprits
- Creating and implementing internet protocol (IP) traps to determine the source of issues
- Generating technical subpoenas that cover all necessary activities and information
- Locking down online material and making sure it can be used as evidence in and out of court
- Determining the real cost of intellectual property theft and data breaches
- Producing screenshots and other evidence to support the case
- Providing expert witness services and depositions to ensure that your side of the story is heard and understood
- Compiling all information into an easily understandable and coherent narrative that demonstrates culpability
Working with a company that specializes in litigation support and cyber security investigations can provide real benefits for you and your company when dealing with these serious issues.
Advantages of Litigation Support Services
Companies that specialize in cyber investigations and litigation support can offer significant advantages for your business, including the following:
- Trained and experienced cyber investigators can provide improved organization for data and evidence. This can result in faster retrieval of necessary data and documentation and can ensure that the information you need is available to you throughout your legal proceedings.
- The increased speed of investigations and evidence collection made possible by working with professionals can help you get things underway more quickly and can allow your company to enjoy a faster resolution for its legal actions.
- Companies that specialize in finding the sources of data breaches and intellectual property theft can spot telltale signs of malfeasance and can act on your behalf to stop criminal activities and protect your data against future incidents.
By enlisting the help of qualified litigation support professionals, you can enjoy the greatest degree of success when dealing with cyber issues in the courtroom setting.
At LCG Discovery Experts, we work with you throughout the cyber security investigations process to ensure that you receive the right services for your needs. From corporate and financial investigations to litigation support, we are committed to providing you with the most advanced and effective solutions for your needs. Give us a call today at 855-524-9778 to schedule a free initial case consultation. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.
Preventing intellectual property theft and other cyber intrusions can help your small business stay competitive within your industry. Smaller businesses may be even more at risk of data breaches and ransomware than their larger counterparts. Verizon’s 2018 Data Breach Investigations Report indicates that 61 percent of reported breaches targeted small businesses, a significant jump from the 53 percent reported in the 2017 report.
A Staggering Cost
UPS Capital reports that the cost of cyber intrusions, data breaches and cyber attacks on small businesses range between $84,000 and $148,000. For most small businesses, these financial losses can be enough to sink the business permanently. The same report indicated that approximately 60 percent of companies go out of business within six months of a major data breach or cyber attack. Taking steps to protect your company against these serious issues can prevent devastating damage to your finances and your public reputation.
Small Businesses Specifically Targeted by Hackers
Additional statistics compiled by UPS Capital indicate that about 90 percent of all small businesses lack any cyber security plan for their corporate data, making them easy targets for hackers. In some cases, confidential financial information, payment data and proprietary software may be left without any real protection against cyber attacks. While cyber security investigations may be able to track down wrongdoers after the damage has been done, implementing measures to prevent intellectual property theft can protect your company against serious damage to its reputation and to its financial bottom line.
Protecting Your Digital Assets
Working with a professional cyber forensic investigations company can provide your company with expert support after a data breach. These dedicated technicians can also identify areas of concern in your current cyber security arrangements, allowing you to move proactively to protect your digital assets and confidential data. Some of the most effective strategies for improving your cyber security include the following:
- Training your staff members to protect passwords and to avoid becoming victims of phishing attempts
- Enabling advanced two-factor authentication for access to sensitive data
- Backing up all information to a remote server daily to avoid data loss
- Investing in a security audit to find vulnerabilities before they result in data breaches
- Boosting physical security for your brick-and-mortar facilities
LCG Discovery Experts can provide you with the expert help and guidance needed to seal holes in your security and protect your data against theft and misuse. We work with you at every stage of the process to ensure that your company receives the most accurate and appropriate guidance for your cyber security needs. Call us today at 855-524-9778 to schedule a consultation with us. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.